Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
77408428

I have put washing to dry on my oil filled radiator now it

I have put washing to dry on my oil filled radiator now it won't work. How do I re set please
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi , what make and model is it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a delongh I dragon
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.

Hi , the unit is not meant to be covered as this will trip the overheat thermostat. Leave to cool , it should self reset.if not the thermalfuse has burnt out and will need replacing

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has cooled for a day but will not turn on
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.

OK , the thermal fuse inside will need replacing . Look inside and you will see a bridge like piece of metal thing with two wires leading into it.

Hi can you look for a model number too , it will have letters and numbers, thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry to be so thick...l,where do I look inside, and where do I find model number pleSe. Thank you
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.

Hi , there should be a label somewhere on the unit. Please make sure power is off befgoe removing cover . unfortunately as I cannot find the service manual for the appliance I cannot tell you exactly how to remove the cover except to remove all screws , some may be hidden under clip on panels ,

Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Please be aware that you may have to solder the new part on , if you are not sure about this it may be best to get an appliance electrician to do it for you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh ok I suppose I had better get someone then or buy a new heater what a costly mistake. Thank you for your help !
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Our welcome