Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have an AEG American style FF (Model Number S85628SK1 approx

Customer Question

i have an AEG American style FF (Model Number S85628SK1 approx 4yrs old) it was working fine and the freezer is the problem I have is the fridge temp wont stay constant. it get to the desired temp eg +5 degrees then over night drop, in the morning its back at -8.
any ideas why this would be?
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
So the problem is the fridge display is showing -8 is this correct?
Is it actaully that cold inside the fridge and starting to freeze things in there?
Does the freezer temperture stay ok?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Daniel,Yes the few items i've left inside are freezing. When i restore factory settings it trys to go to +5 manages to get approx +3 then for some reason the temp starts to drop and ends up back at -7 or -8 and frozen stuff. Its not been plumbed in yet but cant see why that would make a difference to the fridge side?
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Ok if its doing this then its going to be a faulty electronic control board fault.
Now theres 2 of them on this. Theres the one in the freezer door and another at the very bottom under the appliance. Now these are very expensive to replace. As the one in the freezer door can be about £300 just for the part.
What i would suggest here is give AEG a bell as they do a repair plan which is a 12 month plan and cost about £16 a month for the year. Or about £160 up front if you choose to pay it up front. As this is a fixed price repair warrent through domestic and general and covers the appliance for 12 months. So for this fault it will be cheaper and easyer to do this as AEG will call out and fix it for that price. Otherwise its a very expensive fix for you.
As ive seen this fault quite a lot on these models and we was told by AEG techincal themselves to replace both board on these models.
Sorry its not good news but if you need anymore info just get back to me.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Daniel,Many thanks i'll look into the warranty plan.Regards
Neil
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Your very welcome.
If you need anymore info just get back to me.