George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

We have an American style fridge/freezer and the alarm keeps

We have an American style fridge/freezer and the alarm keeps sounding and the freezer seems to be off, but not defrosting. The stand-by button brought everything back to normal for an hour and a half and then it would go off again. Now this button no longer brings things back to life. What do I do now please?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is George..

Please turn the appliance off for 24hrs with the door to the freezer open.. Once this is done, turn the appliance on again and wait for 12hrs - 16hrs to allow the unit to come to normal operating temperature. Then see if the problem remains..

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.