George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

My Neff integrated fridge/ freezer (20 odd years old)- door

Customer Question

My Neff integrated fridge/ freezer (20 odd years old)- door for the fridge won't close. So the contents don't stay cold. There's also ice at the back, with the freezer it keeps frosting over. So much that I cant pull open the top drawer.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is George..

Can you please defrost the fridge and freezer by turning the appliance off at the wall and leaving the doors open for 24hrs.. Then dry out the appliance with a towel, restart the appliance, and after a few hours of running tell me the results.

Put a large towel at the base of the appliance to help soak-up any water.

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello George, I will try this. Right now the fridge door does not close. I'm taping it so that it closes.

The ice in the fridge is only at the back, would defrosting the whole fridge mean that the door will then close or could it be the seal?

If the door closes when you push it by hand, and it is not flush all the way around and comes open as you let go, then you will need a new seal.

The ice at the back of the fridge is due to the door being open. (Frozen condensation)

If you give me the full ENR from the label inside the fridge compartment I can see if the seal is replacable and available.

regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks we would need it for both the fridge and freezer, the ENR number is *****

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Just to confirm - the fridge door keeps opening for that we would need a new door seal.

freezer door - stays closed but not in line with fridge (Its sticks out more than fridge door when its closed) and still freezes over as well. Would that be the seal as well? There are a few cracks in it too.