canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

Could you please explain what the error message A-10 means

Customer Question

Could you please explain what the error message A-10 means?
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I have been in the plumbing and repair field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. A10 error code is indicating an issue with the heating element. It could be corroded or broken but will need to be tested to confirm. If the element checks out then you would want to test the pressure switch then if the pressure switch checks out then the control board has failed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your answer. Would you suggest an engineer coming out as we don't have any testing equipment? Could you advise how much this should cost? Is there a website you recommend for hotpoint engineers? Many thanks

If you are not familiar with testing voltages and are not quite handy I would certainly recommend calling someone out. The cost could vary greatly considering the issues it could be and also the unknown availability of parts. Could be about ​£80-£110. As far as engineers in your area I would contact Hotpoint for a list of qualified engineers. click here
I haven't heard from you. Was the information I provided helpful?