Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Dear Technician, I have a Bosch GUD15A50GB integrated freezer.

Customer Question

Dear Technician, I have a Bosch GUD15A50GB integrated freezer. Having been powered down for 3 months for a kitchen refurbishment, it now refuses to cool down. The power to the unit is on and all neons are operational. I have left the unit on for 3 to 4 hours but the internal temperature refuses to drop. Can you advise if this fault is terminal?
Thank you. ***** *****way
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Can you hear the compressor at the back running?
Are you able to access it to see if its hot to touch?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for getting back to me. I cannot reach behind at the moment. The unit is rumbling/humming though. I assume that this is the noise of the compressor?
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Ok if you can hear a rumbling/humming noise then that will be the compressor running.
So if its not reaching temperture then its going to be a system fault here. Either a poor pumping compressor or the gas has escaped.
Im afraid for either of these its a job for a fridge engineer as they will need to put there gauges on the pipe work on the back to see if there gas in there and what pressure the compressor is pumping at.
As its been taken out while you had work down then there could have been a chance a pipe at the back could have broke as some are very thin and if they break or crack the gas will escape then and it wont cool at all.
Now for either of them it can be fixed but isnt going to be cheap. As if its a regass due to a cracked pipe then you are looking at about the £140 mark roughly. But if the compressor itself is faulty then this is about £250.
Sorry its not good news but this is down to a system here. If you need anymore info just get back to me.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
No worries your very welcome. Regards