Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

How do I change the filter in a Zanussi cooker hood ref:

How do I change the filter in a Zanussi cooker hood ref: ZBW965?
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Is it the charcoal filter you need to replaced or the grease filter?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don't know which one it is!

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ok to replace either of them you need to pull the door open and make sure the slider swithes are off.Then you will see the mesh filter behind the door.Theres 2 tabs on there one either side at the bottom. They may be red.Pull them both away from the hood at the same time and it will release it from the hood.Then you can pull down and remove. From there you will see the mesh filter in there which you can replace. As for the charcoal filter if you look inside the hood with the grill removed you will see the motor. The charcoal filter will be attched to the front of this (if fitted) as it just twist onto the front of the motor. Not all hoods have the charcoal filter as if it vents through a wall to the outside then it doesnt need the charcoal filter so it wont be fitted in there. Thats how you replace both filters in there. If you need anymore info just get back to me. Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The 2 tabs, white, are on the side. I have removed them, but nothing has been released.

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
With them pushed to the side you need to pull the grill down.
Sometimes it can be greased up so can stick so give it a good pull down and it will release itself from there.
But both tabs have to be pushed out on both sides.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Still no joy!

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
If it wont move then the tabs may have broken. If this case you need to use a small thin screwdriver and wedge it between the tabs and the hood and prise it away and then pull it. Thats the only way you remove these so if it wont budge then the tabs have jammed so you need to prise them out from there.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Without knowing what should be moving, it's very difficult.

I've done it!!

The grease filter is in a bad way. I have bought a couple of spares (non-Zanussi) and replace it.
Now I can see where the charcoal filter is. I can imagine that that will need replacing! I will have to order one.
Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Nice one glad to hear you got it off.

Replace both and that will be fine from there for you.