KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

When I turn on my LG TV the sound comes on but the screen is

When I turn on my LG TV the sound comes on but the screen is black. If I change channels the sound changes to the new channel. Eventually the screen starts showing red vertical lines too, and after even longer the picture comes through but it it is out of sync with the sound and the screen keeps freezing and the colour gets lighter and lighter until the picture has gone. If I leave it on it eventually gets going and works normally. Any ideas? is it repairable or am I looking at a new tv?
Thanks, Karen
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
Hi Karen, welcome to Just answer ... the problem is likely a failed board/component in the TV ... please tell me its complete model number and age of this TV
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I can't get at the model,number - it's wall-mounted and I can't get to the back of it by myself. All I know is it's a 26" LED HD ready and it's probably about 7-8 years old - does that help at all?

It's also had heavy use - it's in the bedroom and as I'm unwell I spend a lot of time watching it

OK thanks for that ... as the sound works the problem is likely with the inverter board which will need replacement ... the cost of repair will be around £100+ labor ____________________________________________________________________________________________If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Many thanks for your advice