George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Bosch Classixx 7 won't start

Hi - our Bosch Classixx 7 won't start - it just beeps twice

Not a change - just that we have to go out and won't be able to resume for a few hours.

BTW, I also wrote that we've checked the door and detergent dispenser are closed and we cleaned the filter and tried lots of settings..

Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.

Hello Robert, my name is George..

Can you please supply the model number of the appliance.. This will be on a label inside the door of the appliance, or on the rear.

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello George

The model number is ***** then FD 9210 605376.

Robert

Good morning Robert,

Can you check if there is a KEY symbol in the display... If so then you will need to release the childlock on the appliance.

If this is the case, press the START button and hold it down for 5 seconds until the KEY symbol goes out.

regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello George

I forgot to mention that we checked the manual and tried that - it didn't work.

Hope you can come up with something.

Robert

Hi Robert, thanks for the reply...

If there is no KEY symbol, the door is not locking, and you are receiving two beeps when the start button is depressed, either your door interlock is defective and requires a replacement; there is a problem with the wiring between the door interlock and the pcb, or the pcb is defective.

The issue is more likely either the door interlock or the wiring that connects to it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you, George.

Makes sense, we're done and we have no option but to call in an engineer. It's a pretty pathetic for a machine that's less than 3 years old.

Rgds, Robert