George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

The LCD panel is flashing F-08

The LCD panel is flashing F-08
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is George..

Please tell me the make and model of the appliance with the problem.

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

WT 960

I asked for the make and the model and you have given very little information in deed.

Please give the Make, and the Model, and the code from the label inside the door opening if you want me to assist you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes because I was on a Hotpoint website so I assumed you would know it is a Hotpoint WT 960 Its also a 7kg load and the serial number is###-##-####/p>

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hotpoint Ultimo WT960

My appologies for misunderstanding your intentions... However, to be fair to you, and so that youare not mis-lead, I must tell you that this is not a hotpoint website... This is a site where you can find out what is wrong with your appliance .

The problem with your appliance is that the Heater relay is stuck... Check the connections on the pressure switch, heater & pcb.

Please come back if you find that the wring connections are all fine and tight.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thank you for your help/advice. my son is looking into it at te moment. sorry for the delayed reply

You're welcome... Please let me know how you get on.

regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi iv checked all the connections and all are ok when the fault comes up on screen the pump starts running and just seems a bit doo laly. iv looked on some forums and they suggested the same checks as you and that if they were inconclusive then it was likely the main control unit at fault. iv checked all the connections to it.

Is this likely to be the problem?

The likelyhood of this being the heater relay on the main pcb needing replacement is becoming greater..

I can suggest that you send off the pcb to be tested/repaired at a facility that we use frequently...

Would you like their details to do this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes please

We use the following repairer and have found their services to be of great value...

When either contacting Tony and Andy or sending the board to them, ensure that you give information regarding the fault (ie. F-08) together with the ENR and FD of the appliance.

--------------------------------------
EMW Electronics
The Barn
Millfield
Forest Road
Oxton
NG25 0TD
Phone#0115-9652-118
--------------------------------------

Please rate the assistance given by me.. and feel free to keep me updated with your progress

Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair