AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Home Improvement Enthusiast
Experience:  Electrical contractor's license
53189252

My bissell 1698 series is cutting out and tripping the electric

Customer Question

My bissell 1698 series is cutting out and tripping the electric do I need to call technician out
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 2 years ago.
Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.Unfortunately if the unit is cutting out and then tripping the electric breaker, it would be a major component.This would require the dismantling of the unit to access the failed component.If you are by chance, using the Heat function, turn the Heat switch OFF.Then only use the main power switch and see if it does the same thing.If it doesn't, then the issue will be in the heating elements, which would need replacing. If it does the same with heat function OFF, the issue will be in the main motorEither way, it will require dismantling to repair but it will tell you which part is the causing the problem and provide that much knowledge at least. It sounds more like the motor in the description but sometimes hard to differentiate. ThanksSee the picture below on the electrical circuit
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Helpfull
Glad it was helpful to you. You are most welcome. Thanks