George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

A red light has come on my washing machine. The drum fills

a red light has come on my washing machine. The drum fills with water and the cycle stops half way through. What could be causing this or do I need to call an engineer?
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome to Just answer .... please tell me its complete model number and how old is it ? This blinking light probably indicates a failed lock but let me know the model
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Its MWA 09149 WH/1
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Its about 3 years old
Thanks for that ... unplug the washer and then plug it back after 3-4 minutes .. make sure the washer is empty then try to reset.. to do this turn the dial to off and then turn the dial 1 click anticlockwise...after this is done press the reset button 3 times quickly and this should run a test cycle. Let me know how it goes
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That's not helped. I've taken a photo of the display as this might help you.
OK, the reset usually works as it did not the problem is likely the heater element that is bad and will need replacement ... a new one will cost £65 + labor.__________________________________________________________________If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Is this the problem you have?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, that's exactly what it is. I've sorted it now. Thanks so much for your help.
You're very welcome
George
Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair