Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

MY Indesit WD14 Washer / Dryer does not go through the full

MY Indesit WD14 Washer / Dryer does not go through the full programme, programme No. 4 packed in last year and today, Programme 3 has done the same. I suspect a heating element problem, I tried to rest another cycle number but the dial just kept on spinning until I stopped it and put power off. Is it worth calling in a repair man or better to buy a new machine.? There is water still in the drum from initial cycle starting but not progressing. Machine is 11 years old.Thanks.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

To reset these you need to turn the dial to the picture of the dot on the timer and turn it on and wait and then the start light will flash a few times.

Then you can turn the dial to the spin and start it and that should get it to drain out and spin from there.

As to the fault if it is the heater and you want to check and fix yourself then you need a multimeter and remove the back panel.
There you will see the heater unit. Test it with a multi meter and it should read about 28 Ohms. If faulty then it needs to be replaced from there.

But if you would need to get an engineer in then to be honest personally i wouldnt bother getting it fixed as this is an older model and for the repair you are looking at about £100 so on an 11 year old washer i think its best to put towards a new one as you wont get much more out of it. But thats up to yourself on this.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** will try your suggestion tomorrow morning, I am off to work now as I work from 23-00 to 07-00, many thanks,David.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

No worries thats fine.