Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Zanussi ZFW 16381 washing machine that doesn't add

Customer Question

I have a Zanussi ZFW 16381 washing machine that doesn't add fabric conditioner!
I have removed the dispeser compartment and cleaned it then squirted water from the hose pipe down each inlet and it seems that all holes are clear as water comes through all holes. have you any ideas to what might not be working?
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Sorry for the delay in getting to your question, Do you still need help on this?

If so then was it the complete dispenser top you removed and cleaned out?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Daniel

Yes. I took the top off the washing machine, removed the complete dispenser compartment, dismantled it, cleaned it and then sprayed water from a hose pipe down all 3 inlets and the water flowed freely out of all holes in the dispenser top. this indicates to me that the holes and channels leading to the holes are clear with no obstructions.

I then refitted all components but still the fabric conditioner remained in the draw after a full wash cycle.

Phil

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Ok if thats all clear then its possibly the water valve it poor water pressure.

As how the softner section works is by the cold water inlet valve. As on there is 2 coil, One for the main wash and the other for the rinse.
But for the softner it uses both at the same time so when the 2 jets of water meet each other inside the dispenser roof it diverts to the softner section. So if the channels are clear in the dispenser roof then the fault is with the water valve.

But just check the water pressure first. Remove the fill hose and aim it into a bucket and turn the water in and make sure the pressure is strong.

If that is fine then it will be the cold water valve at fault and that will need to be replaced to cure this.

So check that out and see what you find. But for this fault if the dispenser is clear then its the water pressure or the water valve itself at fault.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Daniel

Replaced the main water inlet valve, now the fabric conditioner has all gone from the dispenser draw.

Perfect answer washing machine is now working perfectly again.

Thanks again for your help

Phil

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Nice one glad to hear thats sorted it and thanks for letting me know how it went.