KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

I have an electrolux washer-dryer ewx 14440 w. the machine

i have an electrolux washer-dryer ewx 14440 w. the machine start button starts and then stops and the starting lights start flashing again. i have been informed that repair is not economical and the machine should be replaced. is this correct?
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just answer ... unplug the washer and plug it back after 3-4 minutes ... then switch it on and select a programme ... after this press and hold the start/pause and the nearest option button together and keep them pressed till the time a error code is displayed ... please get back with that error code and let me know the age of this appliance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

error code Ed4, approx. 7years

Thanks for that ... this error code indicates a problem with either the main board or the PCB that is bad and needs replacement ... a new main board will cost around £110+ labor and a new PCB will cost around £60 + labor ... based on the repair cost and looking at the age of the appliance it is better to buy a new one.__________________________________________________________________________________________If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks