George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a problem with my dishwasher, can you try and he

Hi I have a problem with my dishwasher, can you try and help?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is George..

Can you tell me; does it sound like it is the pump that is running?

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes sounds like the pump is running
Then take out thedishwasher and tilt it backwards... it sounds like you may have water in the base and have tripped the anti-flood system
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I tried this... When I tilted it back water came out of the bottom, after a while I put it back into its slot and pressed the power button. This time though the pump didn't start! I started a rinse cycle, water started to come into the machine as normal, however after about 2 mins the water stopped and the pump noise started. I turned the machine off and then on again, this time the issue occurred as it previously had done. Seems like you're on to something though...?
Ok, the problem is that you have a leak into the base.. This is tripping the anti-flood system.

You'll need to investigate where the water ingress is coming from..

Please rate the assistance given to date..
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What is the best way to investigate this?
Looking at the diagrams of your appliance there is access using the panel underneath.. Remove the panel and look for areas that are stoll wet from the leak.

I must ask that you now rate the assistance given.. Following this, I will assist as much as I can.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm happy to rate but it says 'rate to finish' will this not end the dialogue?

No Scott.. You can respond to me and I can reply to you. Aside from this... I would want to be able to advise you on what to do once you have found the source of the water ingress.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Great news looks like it's fixed. Took the bottom panel off and found that a pipe had slipped off the connection. I've run it twice now on a normal cycle and it has worked start to finish. Thanks for your advice.
Excellent news Scott.. You are very welcome.

regardss