Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have fitted a new heater element to a ctd 80p evaporator

hi, I have fitted a new heater element to a ctd 80p evaporator dryer but the condense tray remains empty even though all pipes a clear. water is accumulating in the duct behind the evaporator chamber, what could be wrong with the dryer
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Do you get the empty water light comming on?
Also when you say the water collects behind the evaporator, What part do you mean when you say evaporator?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi, at the bottom of the dryer there is a removable condenser cartridge/ unit that the heated air is blown through, this should be washed through periodically. The casing that it slides into has a space at the back which the pipes that rise to the water tray come out of at the rear of the machine. the water is accumulating in this space instead of in the tray.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi, O.K I have located the problem, there is a pump at the back of the dryer , operating but the rotor vane has broken off. Thanks anyway.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi Thats what i was going to say check the pump. As the impeller band in there do like to break so it doesnt pump the water up to the bottle at the top. But glad to hear you got it sorted in the end. Regards