Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My AEG Protex Plus Lavamat washing machine is marking my laundry

My AEG Protex Plus Lavamat washing machine is marking my laundry when fully loaded. The machine has been cleaned out recently but marking still persists?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

The marks its giving will they come off?
Does it look like oil and has it got noisy?

Also can you post the model number please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I think the model number is###-##-####or L87480FL.

the marks do come off when rewashed in a lighter load, not very economical! the marks appear to be sort of scummy and there is no noise.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that. If its scummy stuff in there then thats sort of good news as it can be shiffted. But lets see if theres an error code in there. Set the washer going on a spin cycle and then press and hold the start button and the button to the left.Keep them held in and after a few seconds the error code will come up E?? Let me know the code. Also when you say you cleaned the drum how did you do this?And how many times have you done it? Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The code is E41 and the rubber seal was cleaned not the drum.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Ok thats fine. I was just checking there wasnt a heating error code in there.

If it was just the door seal that was cleaned then its the drum you need to clean. To do this you need do a few cleaning cycles on this.

To do this set the washer going on the hottest wash with no clothes in and just add a little bit of soap powder and leave it to do the wash on its own. Now doing this will fully dissolve the muck in the bottom of the drum which you cannot see or get access to. What the muck is is undissolved soap powder and gunge which builds up over time.

So what you need to do is do several of the cleaning cycles over a week.
Do say 2 a day for a few days.
Then once a week for a month.
Then do it monthly from then on and it will stop it from comming back again.

Now doing the above will clear the muck and gunge but it will take a few hot washes as it wont work doing just 1 or 2. You will need to do quite a few and it will clear it from there.

Try the above and that will clear the muck from there and stop the problem you are having.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Dan, sounds logical, will give it a go.

Thanks for your help.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
No worries your very welcome.

As i said it will cure it but will just take a few service washes to sort it.

Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.