Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

The knobs on my oven turn round but it doesn't turn and

Hi, the knobs on my oven turn round but it doesn't turn and oven on at all
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Can you post the model number please.

Also does the knob feel very loose?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don't actually know the model number, only know that its a hotpoint.

No i wouldn't say its loose, however when i turn it it seems to turn without the same resistance it had when it worked.

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Are you near the oven? If so if you open the main oven door there will be a sticker in there with the model details on there. Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Unfortunately i am not at home at the moment!

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Ok no worries.

From the fault you describe it does sound like its either the control knob split or the switch has broken inside.

Now this all depends on the model. See if you can hold the control knob and pull it and it should pull off. Once off look at the shaft of the knob and see if its split. If so then the control knob will need to be replaced.

But if you cannot pull the knob off then you need to pull the oven out and remove the top and then the front control panel to access the control knob from there.

But if the knob is fine and its still spinning lose then its more then likely the switch at fault which will need to be replaced.

But if try this and cannot get it out post back with the model number and i can help further from there.

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Hi Bit unfair saying i gave poor service when i havent. Not sure why you thought that. I have only been trying to help you on this so bit unfair rating me as poor. Im always here you help you out when you get the details. Regards