KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

We have a Belling IDW604 Dishwasher. It came up with

Customer Question

Hello. we have a Belling IDW604 Dishwasher. It came up with an E£ error code. Looking at this code it indicates that the position of the drain pipe is too high. It has been working for the last 8 years satisfactory. I have drained the bottom of the machine so I know the drain pipe is clear but when I try and use it again error code 4 is displayed. This indicates that there is too much inlet water. Again, it has been working fine for 8 years. When I close the door with error 4 on and the machine is beeping it seems to let some water in but then stops. Any ideas.
Tony
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 1 year ago.
Hi Tony ... welcome to Just answer.. it seems there is water in the base which has activated the anti flood device so it wont stop pumping... with the dishwasher unplugged pull it out and tilt it on its back by around 45 degrees, make sure all water pumps out while you hold it in that position... after this is done clean the base, plug it back again...the problem should be solved.. if the problem is still there then please get back to me. _____________________________________________________________________________________________If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kevin.
I have not managed to attempt your response yet but should be able to try it later this week
RegardsTony
OK, If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks