George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a hotpoint fridge freezer FFA91. The temperature went

Customer Question

I have a hotpoint fridge freezer FFA91. The temperature went to -1 so I defrosted it. it worked again for three weeks and then the same thing happened. A friend advised me to replace the PCB which I have done, but it still is not working. Is it the thermostat?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is George..

This problem could be caused by any of a few component failures. Can you tell me if the fan in the freezer is rotating now that you have defrosted it?

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi George sorry I haven't got back to you sooner I have been out today. I pulled the fridge freezer out and can hear the normal noise it makes. No fan is visible and I am assuming the noise I can hear is the fan (it's a sort of gurgling sound). The condenser is hot to the touch. The temperature is 26 degrees on the digital display. Hope this helps Dave.

Yes it does Dave, the gurgling is an indication that the system needs vac'ing and recharging with refrigerant. The fact that the compressor is hot to the touch is another indication that the system is short of refrigerant... To repair this, you will need the services of a refrigeration engineer to call out to the appliance.

regards
George
Hi Dave,

You haven't responded to let me know what you want to do... Would you like me to attempt to advise you of a refrigeration engineer local to you? if so, please advise me of your postcode..

Alternatively, please rate the assistance given to you.