George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

My Baumatic electric/gas stove has been working perfectly -

My Baumatic electric/gas stove has been working perfectly - until yesterday. I turn off the power at source after every use but yesterday when I turned it on (light for fuse ok) the large over would not respond (no light on front, no light or power inside); the small over is still working fine. Do you have any ideas? Thanks. Ann

PRETTY SURE IT'S A Baumatic BT2750SS

i NOW NOTICE THAT WHEN i TURN ON THE WALL SOCKET IT LOOKS AS IF ONLY THE RIGHT HAND SIDE OF THE RED LIGHT IS ON - COULD IT BE THIS WHICH IS CAUSING THE PROBLEM? A

Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello Ann, my name is George..

The main oven is controlled by the timer... If the timer is switched to AUTO then the oven will only operate on the timer.. If you set the timer to MANUAL then the oven should work as normal..

If you have no power to the oven in either AUTO or MANUAL mode, then the timer will need replacing.

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

regards
George
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi George!

Thanks for your help.

I have never actually used the timer but can confirm that the hand is showing which, I presume, means 'manual'?

Yes Ann, the hand the timer does mean that the appliance is in manual mode.

Can you tell me if the clock itself is still working?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi George! I have never actually used (or really even noticed) the clock but it does not appear to be working. A

Then Ann, the fault lies in the clock itself or the power supply to it..

You will need someone capable of testing the power input to the clock.. If the live and the neutral supply to the clock is found to be in tact, the clock will need to be changed, or if posible bypassed... If the supply in either of the two formats is missing at the clock then the wiring prior to the clock needs to be checked for faults.

Please rate the assistance given today... Feel free to ask for further advice once this is done.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks George, I will have to call someone out then.

Regards.

A

You're very welcome Ann.. feel free to update me on your progress.

regards
George