KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

I have a NEFF combination oven/grill/microwave E-Nr H7871

Hi, I have a NEFF combination oven/grill/microwave E-Nr H7871 N2GB. Everything works, but when in operation the microwave emits a very loud buzzing noise (mains synchronous).
Sounds like a transformer to me, what do you think it could be ?
Many thanks ..... Steve
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
Hi Steve, welcome to Just answer ... loud buzzing noise is caused due to a bad high voltage diode connected the HV capacitor...it might be the capacitor itself or the magnetron.. the cost of repair will be around £110 ... I do not recommend a DIY repair for microwaves. _________________________________________________________________If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Kevin, Many thanks for your quick reply to my query.

I would not have thought of the diode.

As the microwave is "working" at the moment, I'll be able to save some money towards the repair. As you said microwaves are not a subject of DIY. I will, however, just check the HV diode for my own information.

Thank you once again for your speedy reply. I will now complete the feedback form.

Regards ***** *****