Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a Whirlpool Model G16FDRXXY09 fridge.Two doors, left

Customer Question

I have a Whirlpool Model G16FDRXXY09 fridge.Two doors, left one with ice/water dispenser. Large freezer drawer below. This week we had a lot of water leaking out. It had collected underneath the large bottom "cheese" (?) drawer directly above the freezer
drawer, and then overflowed. I suspected a drain pipe freeze up. So we unplugged for a day (80F++). But to no avail. More water collecting today -- after an automatic defrost I suppose. I still suspect a frozen pipe somewhere, but can't find a manual that
helps me locate it. There is a pipe that is exposed but recessed on top of the fridge (above the ice/water maker) but I do not know the function of this. It is hard to reach the back of the fridge.
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello there,
Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.
Adam
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. Please keep looking. Since I first wrote, we found some more water in the fridge. I think it might have come from the ice maker. I have turned this off and no more water has appeared. The ice in the ice maker has partially melted, it seems, and refrozen, I suppose, and I can no longer get the ice storage unit out (unless I turn the fridge off again).
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Adam
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
OK lets try and sort this out for you, firstly the recessed pipe at the back is the supply for the ice maker. You shouldn't have problems with this unless a pipe got crushed during installation. Could you let me have the product/manufacturing code a (long number) quite often starting with 85 - Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ian:
I have found a S/N K31210192; a Type BMA26F; and a Model G16FDRXXY09. On a label near the icemaker.
On the back of the fridge there is another label: 8 (###) ###-#### 8.Since I turned off the ice maker we have had no water puddles in the fridge. The water "tap" still works. The ice maker is currently frozen-in (and cannot be opened) as ice in it melted at some point. The climate here has the kitchen always 80 degrees F at least. Could a slightly open door have caused the problems? The left hand door is not an easy closer. Perhaps a few times ajar, over time, and eventually the recess under the "cheese tray"/Deli Drawer filled and overflowed?N.B. the recessed pipe is on top of the fridge, not on the back.I will have to unplug the fridge to get the ice maker out.If you read my previous problem, I raised the water pressure on my pump to over 50 pounds, and the fridge started producing ice.
Cheers
John
Leave this with me John and I'll look out the information when I get to the office tomorrow. What country are you located in? Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
British Virgin Islands.
Cheers