George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a Grundig tall freezer, model GFN 13820 the door was

I have a Grundig tall freezer, model GFN 13820 the door was left open slightly all night and now we have a red triangle with an exclamation mark in the centre, which is flashing. Will this rectify itself when the correct temperature is reached. Or is there something we can do to stop the light flashing? Many thanks for your help
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is George..

You will now need to switch off the freezer to defrost it for a few hours with the door open.. This is to defrost the parts that you cannot see. Once this is done, ensure all is dried out and the door is closed, then switch on and when the temperature required is reached all should be as normal.

Please rate the assistance given today & kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your prompt reply. We will give this a try, although we did not have to do this last time the last time it happened. I will not be able to advise if this has worked or not until tomorrow. I need to plug in another freezer and transfer my food once that one has got up to speed
That is a good itea.. however, ensure that all produce being transferred from the affected freezer has ice crystals in it.. any that does not should be discrded for heath reasons.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi George. We turned the freezer off and left it over night. We have turned it back on this morning. The red triangle sign is still flashing.
The red triangle will flash for a number of hours. The length of time it flashes will depend on the size of the freezer.. The warning light will eliminate once the freezer has reached the respective temperature.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
All working perfectly now, thank you