Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Bought a lovely vintage Sunbeam Mixmaster 10-1182 in what looks

Customer Question

Bought a lovely vintage Sunbeam Mixmaster 10-1182 in what looks like perfect condition. Got it running yesterday, took out the whisks washed them and put them back, ready to make a cake and it is now completely dead! I know there are some internet instructions about the mechanism - can you help?
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

Hello there,

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
sorry could not see this from my computer go ahead there is a Kenwoid outlet in birmingham dont know if they would look at it though
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Adam

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael and will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating after we're finished. it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only compensated for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.Make sure there is power at the outlet, check that with something like a lamp etc.Also if this mixer was used a lot, you may need new motor brushes, they are cheap and super easy to replace. I will help no additional cost.Usually this is all that fails on this unit.Also check the cord, with the unit ON, wiggle it to be sure the cord is ok. if you have a meter you can check that to know for sure. I would replace the power switch and the motor brushes that should solve the problem;-) The best place for these parts is:http://www.goodmans.net/d/159/sunbeam-mixers-parts.htm?sc=bingads&k=sunbeam%20mixmaster%20parts&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Brand_Sunbeam_Exact&utm_term=sunbeam%20mixmaster%20parts****************************************************************** It is a LONG link.Or you can call them as I would do: Goodmans455 W 26th STHialeah, FL 33010Phone Toll Free: 1-***-***-****Phone Local:(###) ###-####ax:(###) ###-####usiness Hours:(M-F) 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM (EST)Closed Sat. & Sun.In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a wonderful day!Tech Michael Thank You,Michael