Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
77408428

I just moved into a place that has an RVP331 controller

Customer Question

hello
I just moved into a place that has an RVP331 controller and was told to keep it on automatic. the boliers are working well but the rooms are not getting heated efficiently. I believe it all has to do with the settings of the controllers. It looks like the heating is distributed on zones although we do not have room thermostats, so what would be the best setting to have ib this case? and how do we change the temperature values ion the controller for each zone?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No one got back to me.. so I hope I was not charged for this. If I have I would like my money back immediately.
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 2 years ago.
Hi ,do you still require help?
Can you press the second button from the left at the top of the controller.it has a sun symbol , this will put the heating on constant . it may not be a controller issue but a radiator system maintenace issue, ie air in rads , study trv valves
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The radiators have been bled, but there are 2 issues here:
1. hot water is not reaching the radiators on the current settings
2. when hot water does reach the radiators, they only become luke warm and not hot enough to heat the rooms
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am not a very technical person.. what do you mean by study trv valves?
OK ,is the boiler stat at maximum?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no the boiler stat is at 75% not at maximum.
Hi , on the controller , have you turned up the dials which control temperature for both zones?
Hi . just checked . these work with outside themperature sensors. If the sensor is in the sun it may effect the temperature of the heating .
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can't seem to alter the temperature for the zones.. do you know how I can do that?
Hi ,do you have the manual?its available online ,just looking through it now .to increase heating temperature there are the two round dials on the right , between them and slightly to the left is a button to switch between heating zones, pressing this allows zone one and two to be highlighted and then during thgecround dials , to turn up the temperature.
I must admit this controller is very complicated . the sort of thing I would normally strip out and replace with something simpler for customers .
Also the sun button at the top is a constant heating button , press this then the plus button to increase temperature.
At the back if my mind however is the feeling that the heating system may be sludged and not allowing full flow round the radiator circuit.