KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

My tv wont turn on with the remote or manually but the red

my tv wont turn on with the remote or manually but the red light flashes when i try.

any idea when i'll get an answer, I just seem to be jumping back and forward changing passwords...I just want my t.v. working please

Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just answer... these kind of issues usually appear due to bad power board however, please tell me its complete model number and age of this unit for further assistance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi kevin, model no: UE40F5500AK

and I think we have the t.v. about a year and a half

Thanks for that ... is the red light flashing continuously or does it flash like 10 times etc ... was there a power surge which caused this issue ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It flashes twice when ever I press the remote or try to turn it on manually.. Dont think der was a power surge

The problem is likely with the power board, most likely the capacitor on the power board have gone bad ... a new power board will cost around £120 including labor________________________________________________________________________________________If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thanks Kevin, wasn't the answer I was looking for but thanks for getting back to me.. Is it normal dat the power board should go in such a short time?? or is it more common in certain makes??

Sorry about the bad news..This is common with Samsung's ... I think they normally use sub par boards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your help Kevin, I'm off now to stare at the wall...Yell