Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Rob...my Bosch Logixx 8 VarioPerfect washing machine stopped mid-wash. Switched off and

Hi Rob...my Bosch Logixx 8 VarioPerfect washing machine stopped mid-wash. Switched off and on, no lights show. The fuses in the wall sockets seem OK.I drained it down and removed a sodden duvet from the interior. The filter was clear and the impeller inside seems to spin freely and there is water flowing through the supply hose. I opened the back hoping to see something obviously wrong...but all is neat and tidy. Any ideas what might have gone wrong?
Jim.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Can you post the model number please. It will be on a sticker either on the inside of the door or on the back. It will start E-nr.

Also just to double check the fault is nothing on the front is lighting up at all is it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Daniel.

The E-number on the back is WAS32461GB/10.

Correct: no lights on the front.

Jim

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for that.

Im am taking it you have tried the washer in another plug socket or tried something else in the socket the washer uses to make sure its not just the plug socket?

If thats fine and you have tried that then on this model the power enters the washer at the back to the mains filter. Then from there it goes stright to the main control board.

So what you need to do is remove the top and check the mains filter at the back and check it isnt burnt out. If you have a multi meter check theres 230v there.
If thats fine then follow the wires to the main control board and again see you have 230v going to the control board.

If you do and theres nothing comming up then the main control board will eb the fault on this here and will need to be replaced to cure it.
There isnt much that can cause this fault you have so check the above and see what you find.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Daniel,

Will follow your guidance.

Jim

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
No worries thats fine.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Daniel.

You were right with your first thoughts....I connected the washing machine to another socket for convenience so I could try a multimeter as you suggested. I got a reading at the filter and the lights on the front panel lit up when I switched it on.

The fault is with the socket...and not the machine.

Thanks for your help!

Regards,

Jim

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Nice one glad to hear you found the fault with the socket.

To be honest we do find a lot of faults like this on washers were it turns out to be a supply fault rather then the appliance itself.

But if you need anymore info just get back to me. If not then if you could rate the answer i gave that would be great.