George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a White Westinghouse 100 cm range cooker. The model

I have a White Westinghouse 100 cm range cooker. The model number is ***** The fan for the oven does not go off, this happened after I had used the main oven. I am not sure if the cooker is repairable, or if the parts are still available. This has been the case for several weeks so we have to switch off and on at the mains as and when needed.

Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is George..

The appliance.. Is the appliance a Dual Fuel appliance or is it electric only?

The problem you have is that there is no information relating to the model still available.

Identifying the problem and the part numbers.. The parts will be available somewhere, or replacement parts will be available by matching the numbers from the broken parts.

The work.. Are you able to take the appliance apart, and do you have a multimeter handy?

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes it is dual fuel. No I am not able to take the appliance apart. I would need an engineer to do this

Ok Barbara, can you let me kow your postcode please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Tw152jtI am not sure a phone chat would help. I have given you all the information I have
Give these people a call Barbara.. They should be able to sort it for you.

Astrid Technologies LTD.
London
Phone:(###) ###-####8300

regards
George
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
They are not able to help as they do not fix White Westinghouse and therefore do not have parts.
Ok Barbara.. let me make a fewcalls.. I know what the problem will be, it is just a case of getting someone near to where you are to do the job for you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok the full model number is *****

Barbara, can you check to define if this is the oven fan inside the oven that is causing this issue of if it is the cooling caity fan that blows through above the oven.

regards

Thank you for phoning Barbara...

Just to recap; you have a few problems with your cooker..

1. The cooling fan is staying powered.. There are several things that could cause this... Component failure; wiring short, earth fault.

2. The fan in the oven is failing to operate.. This could be jammed, faulty, or not getting power.

The company I asked you to speak to you will come out and look at it for you provided you pay their callout fee.. This fee covers their time and costs in getting to you.. This is payable even if you decide that the cooker doesn't warrant repair.

Having said that, there are many universal parts available that could repair your cooker.. as I said earlier, it is a matter of locating the part numbers on the broken parts to find the replacements.

kind regards
George
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks For your help will call them now

Ok Barbara. It was nice chatting with you. Feel free to give me a ring if you need to.

Remember to rate the asistance I have given you kindly.

regards
George