KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

I have a Teka TDW 59.2 FI electronic dishwasher which has

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Teka TDW 59.2 FI electronic dishwasher which has been out of action for a while. When powered up the Regenerating salt LED is lit, but nothing else happens. I have tried putting in salt & topping up with water.
Pushing the program button has no effect, nor does switching off the power and switching on again.
Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks, Jonathan
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just answer... please try the following procedure to reset the appliance and let me know how it goes:Switch off.Switch on, don't wait for any lights, as soon as you press the button for on, immediately press the programme button 4 times within 3 seconds. You have to be quick to do this.If the 1st (left) and 5th led light and are flashing you've got into configuration.Press the programme button once. The first light goes out.Switch off, wait about 20 seconds, switch on, select a program and run the machine.________________________________________________________________________________________If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thanks for the prompt reply.
I tried this but nothing happened. still have the salt light permanently on, no other lights active.
Jonathan
Jonathan, try to clean the drain pump assembly completely ... with the dishwasher unplugged pull it out and tilt it backwards by around 45 degrees ,,, after this is done clean the drain pump ... plug it back and try again...if you have already added salt and the drain pump is clean the problem should be solved...let me know how it goes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kevin, It's a built-in machine so it's not quite so simple. I will have to try it at the weekend when I have more uninterrupted time, and then get back to you. Incidentally the salt light comes on at the same time as i push the On button - no delay.
Thanks, ***** ***** back to you after the weekend.
Jonathan
OK, please let me know how it goes.. thanks