KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

I have a siemens microwave (less than 2 years old) the element

I have a siemens microwave (less than 2 years old) the element at the top of the appliance which is circular and brittle has broken can this be repaired and is this normal with such an expensive appliance ??
regards,
Symon Donovan.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome to Just answer .... please tell me its complete model number
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
not sure as I am at work at the moment but it is a microwave /grill
OK, I think that is the grill element or the fan element which is broken ... cost or repair including labor will be around £100 depending on the part that will have to be replaced .... please get back with its complete model number when you get back home.________________________________________________________________________________________If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
if I take a photo on my mobile can I e mail it to you along withn the serial number ?
Sure no problem ... you can attach the image here
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please see attached
Thanks for that .... the model number is ***** ...repair will cost around £110 as the part is around £65(+ labor)_______________________________________________________________________________________If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I live in sheffield where should I go for the repair
You can contact www.repaircare.co.uk to get repair quote or you can contact Siemens at # *****(###) ###-####for repair