Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a Beaumatic isl5ss cooker hood in my new flat and am

Customer Question

I have a Beaumatic isl5ss cooker hood in my new flat and am unsure whether it is in extraction or recirculation mode and am therefore unsure which filters to use, ie the square or round ones. How can I establish which mode it is in and failing that can I use both types of filter at the same time. Many thanks
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
HiFor this to be an extraction type, there would have to be a duct from the top of the hood to an outside wall with a vent cover there.Does it have this?ThanksRob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Rob
The hood is in the middle of the room but there is a loft above so I need to look up there to see if it is ducted to the outside. If it is not can I safely assume that it's fitted in the recirculation mode and if this is the case should I be using both the round filters, that appear to be fitted on either end of the motor, and the square one which seems to go under the metal grille filters? I've downloaded an instruction manual but unfortunately it is unclear as to whether you use both types of filter if in recirculation mode.
Many thanks for your help
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
HiThanksokIf it is in recirculation mode (no external duct), then you need both filters and the square grease oneIf its ducted out, you jusneed the square grease filter Can I ask you to take a moment and rate myresponses so far? Please use the smiley faces / stars, which youshould now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not thewebsite or the problems you have had with this machine.This willnot close your question and you can still come back to me if you needmore helpThanksRob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks Rob
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
HiThe water shouldnt be running into the clothes on a drying cycle, it should run aroung the outer drum?Check if water enters an empty drum on a drying cycle
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, please disregard the last post
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Your welcomeRob