Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My Electrolux gas hob was working fine, days after

Customer Question

My Electrolux gas hob was working fine, for three days after moving into a new property whilst I was cooking using the rings all of a sudden I lost the flame and since then I have not had any gas flow, although the spark is still working there is no gas being supplied. Our gas boiler is all working fine.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, Andrew Higgins
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

I dont suppose you have the model number of the hob do you so i know which one you have?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I think it is the ehg641

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that ive got it now. This model doesnt have a shut off valve so if all the burners have no gas comming through then its a gas supply fault on this. Now what you need to do is look in the cuboards unde the units either side of the hob and see of theres a gas tap in there that supplys the gas to the hob. If so check that hasnt been knocked and turned off. As if it was just one burner then it could be a valve faulty. But for all 4 to have no gas comming through then its usually a gas supply fault so check the cuboards next to it and check the tap for the gas supply is turned on. Let me know what you find. Regards