Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

We have a Logixx 7 machine and using it first time

We have a Logixx 7 machine and using it for the first time and although we know we need to secure it to the floor to stop it wandering it seems to work fine then flashes runs/hold and wash at the same time and the alarm goes off?
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Can you post the model number please.
Also has it stopped full of water?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Meant a Bosch washing machine and also rinse/hold not runs/hold (the perils of predictable text)
Model WIS24140GB/26
Yes it's still full of water
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for that. Dont worry about the runs hold i knew what you ment :)
Them lights you have flashing is a draining error code.
As this has just been installed then the first thing to check is the drain hose at the back isnt kinked up.
Also if the waste hose goes under the sink and this is a first installtion there check the spigot the hose pushes onto has the end cut off. If so then unscrew it from the sink unit and check there isnt a stopper in there blocking it up as ive seen this a lot were someone has moved into a house and theres a blocker in there.
So check them and see what you find. As for a new washer i think it will be something to do with the above.
If you need anymore info just get back to me.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Slight problem in that it's 4 flights down and internet doesn't work down there! I have removed the waste away hose and it's not blocked and have left it in an open sink so shouldn't be any 'blow back'
What should I try now as I have pushed start/pause but nothing happened?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Btw we got the machine as an ex display model from Homebase so it's not actually been used before and we have emigrated to Trinidad and there's no Bosch engineers on the island!
Tks
Guy
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Ok try this reset on it and see if it resets the control.
Turn the knob to the off position.
Turn the knob to the 6 o'clock position.
Press and hold the spin button.
While holding it, turn to the 7 o'clock position.
Release the spin button after a few seconds.
Turn the knob to the off position.
This should reset the control board, unless the control board is faulty.
Try it a few times as it's sometimes a bit difficult to get it to reset.
Then retry it and see how it goes.
If its still the same and wont drain and the waste isnt blocked and the waste hose isnt kinked at the back then check the filter in the bottom right corner and check theres nothing stuck in there jamming the pump impeller up.
If thats all clear then you need to access the pump under the washer and check the wires are pushed on there tight.
Try the above and see what happens and let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok - lost internet on my iPad
Managed to reset and am
Running a freshen up prog as it should be quick
If I have to access the pump does it involve taking off the lower front panel? Presumably unplugging everything first?
Tks
Guy
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
To access the pump there a plastic trim at the very bottom of the washer and the filter is there.
Best of making sure its unplugged before prodding in there.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK tks for your help.
It must be a bit late for you now but I'll look at the pump wires tomorrow
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Daniel
I'm now back in the UK for the Rugby World Cup for a couple of weeks and didn't have time to check into the pump connection before we left Trinidad. I will do so when we get back and let you know if I can't solve the problem but thanks for your help anyway
Guy