Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Beko DW686 is behaving oddly Fills up with water when left overnight (leaks it as well).

Beko DW686 is behaving oddly
Fills up with water when left overnight (leaks it as well). When started empties the water efficiently then seems NOT to stop operating the pump. Will not start wash cycle.
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Sorry for the delay in getting to your question.

Was the water clean water or dirty water?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The water is cleanish. When I stopped the D/W after it had pumped out the water at the bottom (which was largely clear, allowing for contamination with a few food scraps) the sump was clear of water. I left it for a while (maybe about ½ an hour) and the sump was refilling with what looked like clean water. This suggests to me that the inlet valve is leaking. The new water was quickly cleared by restarting the machine, but the pump operated continuously and the wash cycle would not start. I turned off the machine and also the water supply. The sump remains empty.

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ok if the water is clean then its more then likely the water inlet valve at fault not shutting off inside so it allows the water to pass through when it shouldnt. But as to the pump running all the time what would have happened is water will have overflowed inside and leaked into the base of the dishwasher and has activated the flood switch in there.What you need to do is pull the dishwasher out and lean it 45 degs backwards as this will allow the water to drain out from the base and that will reset the flood switch in there. Then you can use the dishwasher as normal from there and see how it goes.But when you dont use the dishwasher then you need to access the water supply tap for it and turn it off and if it doesnt fill then you know its the water valve and that would need to be replaced from there. Try the above and see how it goes from there. If you need anymore info just get back to me. Regards