Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I am looking part washing machine but all the

I am looking for a part for my washing machine but all the spare parts suppliers are saying it is obsolete. It is a cycle indicator timer for the control knob.
What can I do other then have to buy a new machine?
Tony
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Can you post the product number of the washer. It will be on a sticker in the inside of the door and starts with a 9.
Then i can see if theres any alturnatives.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Daniel,Sorry for not replying sooner but I do not have access to my emails at the weekend.
The Product Number is ***** and the part number is(###) ###-#### ( Cycle indicator Timer - inside part of the control knob ) Every spare parts supplier I have contacted has advised me that this part is obsolete and they cannot get it. What I want to know is what is my alternative other than buying a new washing machine? Hope this info helps.Regards,Tony
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ok this model there isnt much you can for the indecator if its broken as models you can do a slight fix but not on this. The only thing i can think of is you can get a indecator disc for another model.It will fit onto the washer on but just the numbers will be in a different position.What you need to do is hold the knobs on the same position and with a marker pen mark were the cycle is on the new knob that you use. That way you can still use the washer on the wash cycle you are used to. Thats going to be the best opition on this as once parts go obsolete no were will tend to stock this part. Click here for the other dial As i said is a different model but will fit your washer but you need to mark the cycles on the new dial as they will be in the wrong position on the new one. If you need anymore info just get back to me. Regards