KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

Sanyo Model EM-SL30 Microwave Oven with Super Showerwave Fan

Sanyo Model EM-SL30 Microwave Oven with Super Showerwave Fan Oven and Power Grill
Turntable is working, light is on, clock is working and all the switches are working BUT there is no heat
Very little used as I use it only for jacket potatoes and frozen vegetable but it is fitted in so I would like to keep it if it can be repaired
As this model is no longer available in the shops, is this something that can be repaired
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello there,
Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.
Adam
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I'm okay to wait. Please keep looking.
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for getting back to me.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Adam
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just answer ... how old is it and do you also hear different sounds while it tries to heat ?
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is about 10 years old but as I said in my original question it is used only for jacket potatoes, frozen vegetables and occasionally defrosting fish, etc. so non of the extra features have ever been usedThere is no sound at all from it - just the turntable goes round and the light is on
Thanks ... it seems the door switch is gone bad and will need replacement.. as these units have HV inside even when turned off I do not recommend a DIY repair for them ... the cost to replace door switch will be around £80________________________________________________________________________________________If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Kevin

I have received your reply at last. Could you tell me where I can get it fixed please. I live in Bromley BR1 2JQ

Dorothy

Dorothy you can contact www.repaircare.co.uk to get repair quote or you can contact Sanyo at #0871(###) ###-####to get your unit repaired.________________________________________________________________________________________If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks