Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Noticed water leak on floor in front of dishwasher Zannusi

Customer Question

Noticed water leak on floor in front of dishwasher Zannusi having been on. This has been happening for 3 times.
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Can you post the model number please.

Also other then the leak is the dishwasher still working?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ZDF501 Zannussi Electrolux dishwasher free standing. The dishwasher is working OK

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for that.

If the dishwasher is working but its leaking then it will be from the door more likely as anywere else will leak into the base and stop the dishwasher from working.

For this you need to check the spray arms in there. Remove the top and bottom arms and inspect the arms on the side along the seam. As sometimes they split along the seam so when it washes the water sprays out the side of the arm and then comes out the door.

If either the top or bottom arm has split along the side of it then you need to replace that arm and this will stop the leak from there.

Check that and see what you find. As to be honest its a fault we do see a lot on these dishwashers.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Daniel can you reply to my question now

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Not sure what you mean.

I have sent an answer above do you see it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The spray arms being checked the top one has a more noticeable line type split the bottom one looks OK. The black door rubber seal at the bottom is move able slightly. The dishwasher is used every day on fast wash. It is now 6 years old.

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Ok if the top arm has a split down the side of it then thats the cause of the problem.

Dont worry about door seal as these never fail. They can move and that but they dont actually cause the leak. Its looking like the top spray arm is the issue here.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your help the top arm will be replaced.

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
No worries im sure that will sort it