George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Richard I have a KGU 31123 the green temp lights are

Customer Question

Hello Richard
I have a KGU 31123 the green temp lights are flashing along with the red alarm light. I think I left the door open overnight so imagine that is why. Will they go off once the temp has fallen?
Thankyou
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is George..

You will normally need to switch off the freezer to defrost it for a few hours with the door open.. This is to defrost the parts that you cannot see that begin to build-up a layer of frost / ice due to over-working to try lower the temperature of the appliance interior.

Once this is done, ensure all is dried out and the door is closed, then switch on.
When the temperature required is reached all should be as normal.

It will take a number of hours for the light to go off .. The length of time will depend on the size of the freezer... Normally between 6 - 8 hrs.

Please rate the assistance given today & kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.