George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

My washer dryer drum will not spin on any program. My

Hi, my washer dryer drum will not spin on any program.
My wife last used it on a wash and dry program whereby it seemed to wash but not dry fully. It did have an error code but she doesn't remember what it was as it has been coming up on the drying cycle fairly often....
I have drained and removed some items from the pump and it now drains. I tried to run a program and noticed the drum didn't rotate and it just appears to sit there and I believe that's what happened the last time she used it as there was a soap sashe stuck to an item of clothing.
Any advice you can give to test out, it is a Hoover HDB854D Washer Drier about 4 or 5 years old I think.
Regards.
Iain
Hoover
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello Iain, my name is George..
Please check the length of the brushes on the motor of the appliance.. If they are less than 8mm you will need to change them.
Please let me know how you get on & kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HI George, thanks for the reply, I have removed and checked one of the brushes. It is about 4mm at its longest point and tapered to about 2mm.
I have been trying to locate a replacement via the Internet, the price varies between £14 & £29 but I'm not sure of the type as they refer to a sole plate motor !!!!! In the description.
I have taken photos of the motor rating plates but cannot see the manufactures name, the motor label has C.E.SET MCA 61/64-148/CY16 and at the bottom I presume it's serial no 41 034040.
The machine is a Hoover model HDB854D/1-80 serial no N.31800103 1135 0612.
Would you be able to identify the brush part no for me and suggest a supplier.
Many thanks.
Iain Wright
The motor brusher should be part number 92126721 and they shoult look like this:
CESET 92126721 Carbon Brushes
You can buy a set of 92126721 brushes here
Please rate the assistance given
Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi George, new brushes fitted, and it's even spinning clothes much drier after the wash cycle, so it must have been having an effect longer than she realised.
Many thanks for your support and advice.
Regards.
Iain.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi again George, I've left your feedback although I can't see it.
If it doesn't appear, please let me know and I will re-submit.
Again many thanks.
Regards.
Iain
Excellent news Iain...