Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Zanussi TD4213W (detail code ending 603) which

I have a Zanussi TD4213W (detail code ending 603) which is blowing cold, so is not drying clothes. The outlet pipe's not blocked. I've just replaced the heating unit with a new one but it's made no difference. If I run it up with the top off the heater elements don't glow or feel warm. I suspect it's not getting a heat signal. I tried disconnecting the cold switch but that made no difference either - I don't know if open circuit on that should mean cold or hot though.
I need a steer on what to try next / how to trouble shoot it. Can anyone help please?
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

This model dryer has a front thermostat in the drum front duct.

Open the door and stick your head in and look at the top of the front plastic housing unit inside and you will see a small cover held on with 2 screws.
Remove this cover and then you can pull the thermostat out there and disconnect the 2 wires on there.

With a multi meter test this for contonuity. If faulty then you can try and reset it. Throw the thermostat down on a hard floor silver side down and this can sometimes reset the thermostat there.
If it does then refit it and retry it and see how it goes from there.

But of the heater has been replaced then im certain you will find the front thermostat is the fault here.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Daniel,

That's exactly what I need. I'll go and give it a try. Will report back once I've done so - hopefully this evening.

Regards,

Ewen

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
No worries, Im sure you will sort it from there.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Just to say that's sorted it. Thanks again very much appreciated.

Have you already got the payment or do you know if I need to do anything to make that happen?

Off to leave positive feedback anyway.

Regards,
Ewen