George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Problem with daily wash [fast29]intermittently will work ok

Customer Question

problem with daily wash [fast29]intermittently will work ok first time,second load will not start[ faint bumping sound]eventually will self select long whites wash after pressing everybutton on control panel [frustration] will jump to correct program and finish cycle machine is in ex cond generally and would be sorry to part company Please help
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is George..

please provide me with the model number of the appliance

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hoover model160E

Hello Margaret,

There is a factory product code on the appliance label... The code starts with 31.. Can you let me know what that code is please.

regards
George
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

all the info i can find is on the rateing plate be hind the door as follows Hoover model H160E TypeFCE2 Se No ? 31000007 0310 1969 sorry for delay of info Regards margaret

Hi Margaret, thank you for the information... I'm sorry to have to put you through that but I needed the number to be able to see the build of your machine.

The problem you are having is most commonly caused by a damaged or worn Cam Disc; this disc sits behind the Programme Disc that you can see..
Less common, but another known cause for the symptoms that you are enduring is wear in the 22 Setting Motorised Selector that controls the programs of the appliance..

In either of these cases you are most likely to need the services of an appliance engineer to change the parts.

Please rate the assistance given by me today, but feel free to return for further advice once this is done.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi George could you give me a rough costing ie do i persue repair or say goodby to my Hoover and replace with what,Many thanks for your expertise I will certainly recomend you regards ***** ***** A Nixon

Sorry Margaret, I could not do that as each engineer has differing labour costs and parts supply costs are different to each engineer as it is normally related on there yearly order value.