George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

My Miele induction hob is showing F and E fault codes on it.

Customer Question

My Miele induction hob is showing F and E fault codes on it. What does that mean|?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is George..
Can you tell me the model number please... Also, is there a number after FE?
Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not sure of the model number. The fault occurred last night and blew a fuse. When we switched it on, it shows FE next to the 4 hobs controllers and various different alternating error codes in the timer (e.g.: 31, 18, 17, 14, 13, 19, 15, 07, etc.....). I can take a photo of it and send it to you.
Yes please... Send a photo or video
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Here it is.
All those codes point to the fact that there is an electonic fault in the components.. If the code you saw as FE31 is actually FE37 then this could point to the cause being an overheating issue at the control panel area.. A short in the electrics of the control panel could cause both.
Normal procedure would be to "Interrupt the power supply to the hob for approx. 1 minute. If the problem persists after reconnecting the appliance to the power supply" but since your appliance has already tripped a fuse then for safety sake the best option is to call the Miele Service Department