George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a siemens washing machine S 12-49 in a mid wash it bleeped

I have a siemens washing machine S 12-49 in a mid wash it bleeped and flashed F-18 what does this mean. Many thanks
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is George..
The appliance is warning you of a blockage in the pump that is preventing the pump from rotating to empty the waste water..
Use the drain tube to remove any water from the appliance then remove the filter cover to ascertain what the blockage or restriction consists of.
Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your quick response, with your advice my machine was quickly sorted and working well again.