George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a problem with a Siemens iq 100 dishwasher ( e-Nr

Hi I have a problem with a Siemens iq 100 dishwasher ( e-Nr SE26N850GB/11)
When the cycle is started the red led lamp illuminates by the tap symbol, presumably meaning no water supply and then nothing happens. I left it for a week and tried it again and this time some water flowed in before the lamp illuminated. The problem started immediately after I cleaned the door seals.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is George..

Remove the dishwasher and tilt it backwards slightly.. You may find water coming from the rear..

If you get water into the base, the float will illuminate the light to warn you of this and will prevent the dishwasher from filling further. You may also find that the pump will run constantly also...

Let me know what you find; but kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks I will try that when I'm back home on Wednesday and let you know how I get on.
Ok Stephen..

Chat with you then.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've tried tilting it backwards and forwards, by a small amount and a large amount, and there was no water came out.
Tried running again and the red lamp by the tap symbol came on again.
Stephen

Did the appliance attempt to fill Stephen, or did you hear a thud or any other sound?

If you press reset, what happens?

Do you hear the drain pump run after pressing start?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes the drain pump runs and if I put some water in the machine it is pumped out.
I've remembered something else, there were a couple of times when I flicked the cold sink tap on and off, and that made the red light go out. Could that mean it's either a problem with a pressure sensor (is there one?) or low mains water pressure ?
Stephen, this tells me that there is a likely fault or blockage in either the aquastop (the electrically controlled inlet hose) or the Impeller Jug is faulty.

Undo the aquastop from the mains water pipe and check the end for debris.

The impeller jug is at the end of the aquastop hose just behind the left panel of the appliance. Given the cost of the impeller jug is under £15, you could just replace it as there is not a way of testing it effectively.

BEWARE*** Watch out for sharp metal edges
Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair