George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a Neff dishwasher its about 8 years old. It appears

HI I have a Neff dishwasher its about 8 years old. It appears not to have enough water when washing and the top spinner dose not work, is there a inlet water filter that may be blocked. Thanks for your help.
Regards ***** ***** ***********
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.

Hello Graham, my name is George..

The large 100mm x 70mm object you mention on the end of the supply hose to your dishwasher is called an aquastop.. This switches the water feed to the appliance off in the event of a leakage.

Can you provide the ENR of the appliance you have.. This is normally found at the top metal part of the door.

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ive taken the m/c out and theirs no rating plate it only says Neff 3 in 1

Hi Graham, the ENR is normally stamped / etched into the top of the inner metal part of the door, by the door locking mechanism.

regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi George

The dish washer is a Neff s5555xogb

Thanks Graham

Hi Graham... I have had a look at the build of your appliance and there is no filter within the appliance of the type that you are asking about, but, there is other thing that you can look at which could be causing your problem:

The impeller jug.. This is at the end of the aquastop hose behind the left hand side panel of the appliance.. This meters and controls the water entering the appliance.

graphic
At a cost of under £15, this part is worth just changing anyway when you have symptoms like what you do have..

You can buy one here

Please rate the assistance given by me today.. but feel free to return for further advice once this is done.