George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I bought my schott ceran hob 5 years ago. two days ago when

Customer Question

I bought my schott ceran hob 5 years ago. two days ago when I switched on the hob the L message showed at all the rings. what does this mean?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is George..

This usually means that the appliance is locked...

Can you let me know the make and model of the appliance please?

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

All I know is the name which is on the top left of the hob which is SCHOTT CERAN - I do not have the manual the hob was working perfectly well until a week ago, and when I pressed the power, that's when the L appeared on all the rings on the hob

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

George, even I suspected that that is what the L indicated. I am very dissatisfied that I am expected to make a further payment to get an answer to my question. I do not intend to make any such payment

Hi, sorry I have been away so long...

You do not need to make further payments... Just don't accept any offers that get sent your way.

Can you describe your hob to me so that I can try determine which one you have...

Also, there is a label underneath the hob... You could remove a drawer or whatever is underneath the hob to find the information..

I will try help you as much as possible.

regards
George
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello George,

I can not see the label as the hob is connected directly on top of my oven. Today I received comments via internet from other people experiencing the same problem with their hob. explaining the followin

Press the power button (Lsign appears)

Hold the + and-buttons simutneously (you'll hear a sound and a light turned on, on the key sign) Leave the + and - button and then press only - it will switch off. Now switch it on and will work)

Well I followed these instructions - but the key light did not turn on on my hob, so I am back to square one! - any suggesgtions?

Sorry, there are lots of suggestions like this throughout the internet, but each different one is for a different make or model... There are litterally hundreds of different ones..

Can you possibly post an image of your hob so that I can atleast try to identify it?