KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

Hotpoint washer not taking in water model wmud942

hotpoint washer not taking in water model wmud942
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just answer ... how old is it ?The problem is liekly with the door interlock mechanism that is bad and will need replacement________________________________________________________________________________________If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

this machine is 2 years old. the door locks ok and it will run fine if you set a spin cycle. it only has a problem if you set a wash cycle. it pumps out for a min and then stops and does nothing. i am not sure the interlock is the problem

If you have already cleaned the drain pump located at the bottom and also the black hose attached to it then take off the top and you will see a pressure switch located towards the right... clean the thin hose attached to it and make sure it is not clogged ... reattach everything and it should now work...let me know how it goes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi there. would the pressure switch be still faulty if the machine does the spin cycle ok.

I am not saying it is faulty...I am asking you to clean it .. it keeps on pumping water out so it can be due to pressure switch
Were you able to solve the problem ?________________________________________________________________________________________If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks