Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a BEKO Eco WMB 81445LW washing machine. It appears

I have a BEKO Eco WMB 81445LW washing machine.
It appears to be stuck in a single programme (Cotton 60 degree 1 hr 44 min 1200 spin) and says it is at the end with door locked, but it has not even started the wash cycle.
I cannot select any other programme and the only way I can get the door open is to power down the machine. As soon as I power back up again it reverts to the same condition.
Holding the Start/Pause button for 3 seconds in an attempt to cancel the programme has no effect. Can you help?? Thank you. Peter
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Ok try this and see what happens.
Turn the washer off.
Turn the dial to the 12 oclock position.
Press and hold the start button and with that held in turn the washer on.
After a several seconds let go of the start button.
Then an error code will come up E??
Let me know the code then turn it off.
Now retry it and see if this has cleared the fault and allows it to work again.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Daniel,Thanks for your response. I have done as you suggested. The error code is F13. I have re tried the machine but it remains in the same situation. Please advise. Thank you, Peter.
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ok what you need to check is the carbon brushes inside the motor. To do this pull the washer out and lean it backwards against a wall and get someone to hold it for you.Then lie down and look under the washer, There you will see the back of the motor and either side there you will see the carbon brushes.Take them out and see if they have worn down. If so then they will need to be replaced from there. As fingers crossed this is worn brushes as when the wear down they will causes all sorts of faults like this. Let me know what you find. Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks,It is now nearing 8.00 pm. I will resume investigations in the morning and I will let you know the situation. If the brushes are worn will I be able to obtain replacements and do it myself? Thank you,Peter
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
No worries thats fine.
And yes if they have worn you can get these from either a spares shop near you or online as they are easy to fit.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Daniel, I have removed back panel from machine and also checked underneath as suggested. I have a good view all around the motor. I cannot see any carbon brushes or access to them! Motor is labelled as follows: Askoll motor Type M500.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Daniel, I have removed back panel from machine and also checked underneath as suggested. I have a good view all around the motor. I cannot see any carbon brushes or access to them! Motor is labelled as follows: Askoll Motor Type M500
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.
The motor you have is a brushless motor. The models that you have uses to different versions of motor. The most common is the carbon brush motor but you dont have this.
In this case if you have the brushless motor then its possibley this at fault as to be honest they are not the best motors as ive replaced loads of them for strange faults.
But if its not the motor then its the control board so its one or the other im afraid.
The bad news is theres no way of testing these motors to see if they are faulty as they have a circuit board in them so there no test points you can check with a multi meter so when they fail its just a case or replacing them and seeing.
But given the price of the parts it may be cheaper to get a fixed price repair from Britsh Gas as they do a fixed price repair for £125 which includes all parts and labour so this way can be cheaper then just buying the motor yourself on these.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Daniel,Thanks for your response. I have worked hard today trying to sort out this problem and reached the same conclusion as you earlier this afternoon. (I am advised that this model of washing machine has an "Induction Motor"). I have only had the machine for 18 months so I am not best pleased! I can find a replacement motor online at a cost of £168 on 28 day delivery. (Nightmare). To be honest I think I am going to have to get a new machine!! I will not buy BEKO again (especially with the negative publicity regarding their appliances going up in flames! Given that you couldn't solve my problem I do not want to pay the £20 either - what do you think? I know you responded in a timely manner but you didn't or couldn't solve my particular problem. I have a repair man coming out tomorrow (another £20 to have a look and see if he can do anything) but I have told him that I do not wish to spend a lot of money on this repair - I would rather invest in a better machine.With kind regards,Peter
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
As to the payment side its up to yourself if you want to pay or claim a refund.
As to me solving the fault thats something i cannot do online as we help you to find the fault yourself and repair with our help.
The fault is more then likely the motors going of past repairs ive done on these. Thats the job we done on here.
But if you choose to claim a refund just please dont rate negative as this rating goes against me, You can still get a refund without rating if you choose to do this.
As to fix them in the trade we call these washers a throw away as Beko are not really reliable machines and give the cost of parts to the price of a new washer they are not really worth fixing as the ones we repair are either under warrenty (which we do a lot off) or insurance.